Become a member
The Association is a meeting place for all those involved in orchestral music and beyond.
Membership entitles you to :
- Participate in national and international dialogue between professionals, useful for joint reflection and action;
- Represent the company in dealings with public authorities to help shape cultural policies;
- Develop joint actions through the sharing of ideas and experience between member orchestras; this is facilitated in particular by working groups on various themes (sustainable development, gender equality, etc.);
- Benefit from a permanent AFO technical assistant and key resources in the sector;
- Take advantage of training courses for all orchestra-related trades.
What are the conditions for joining the Association?
- Be an orchestra with a permanent public service mission or whose permanent activities are part of a service of general interest;
- Be financed mainly by public funds;
- Be a permanent orchestra. The AFO may accept applications for membership from orchestras that do not have a permanent musical staff.
How to apply for membership
- Send your membership application in writing to AFO ;
- The application is submitted to the vote of the General Meeting on the recommendation of the Board, after checking that the candidate meets the conditions required by the Articles of Association.
The General Meeting is not required to give reasons for its decision to accept or reject a proposal.
How much is the membership fee?
Members are required to pay an annual subscription, the amount and payment terms of which are set by the General Meeting.